Limited spots are available. Please CLICK HERE to apply now.
More about this group:
We are currently forming a BIPOC only group. If you are not BIPOC please stay tuned for other groups that we will announce in the future.
This is a six-week therapuetic yoga group in the Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method, co-facilitated by Cartelia Kennedy, LPC , RYT, TCYM and Brittney Lollis, LCSW, RYT, TCYM.
This is a closed group that we cap at 15 participants.
Dates: Saturdays, Sept 11-Oct 16, 2021.
Time: 10-11:30 AM (CST)
8-9-:30 AM (PST)
11-12:30 PM (EST)
CLICK HERE to sign up.
If you need to request a two-part payment plan please email Tosha at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can come to this group?:
This group has a focus on supporting the resolution of trauma using the Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method and is open to anyone 18 and up who identifies as a Black, Indigenous or Person of Color (BIPOC).
What is the Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method℠?
The Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method℠ is a healing modality that integrates trauma-informed yoga somatic therapy practices.
Key features of TCYM℠ Classes:
- Psychoeducation- education around trauma, the nervous system and healing
- Self-regulation tools- skills provided to help you learn to consciously regulate your nervous system
- Somatic psychotherapy practices- practices that help you explore sensations and messages that the body is holding so you can gain deeper self-awareness and metabolize/discharge unresolved trauma from the body, mind and soul
- Self-study and meditation- for inward reflection, and inner peace
- Pranayama- intentional deep breathing (Sometimes survivors are distressed by attending to the breath. Participating in the pranayama is always a choice, not a requirement.)
- Asana and mudra- yoga postures and hand gestures that help to release pain and increase freedom in the body, mind and soul
Yoga for Survivors FAQ’s:
- Can I drop-in to group or just take a single class? No, this is a closed group, meaning we ask that you commit to all six weeks. Having the same cohesive group for six weeks increases feelings of safe/comfort among group members and allows for a deeper experience.
- How much does this series cost? $300
- Do you offer scholarships/sliding scale? Yes, we have limited sliding scale and scholarship spots for BIPOC, LBGTQIA+, and/or low-income individuals. You can apply for a scholarship by emailing us at email@example.com
- How do I register for group? Please click here to fill out your application
- Do you offer payment plans? Yes. Please email Tosha to inquire about a two-part payment plan.
- If I don’t get into this group do you have a waitlist? Yes, if the group forms before your application is accepted you will be added to the waitlist.
- I cannot attend this time, will you be offering this group again? Yes!
- I have active PTSD. Can I attend this group? Yes! This group is for you. However, we will review your application to make sure that this group is the appropriate level of care for you at this time.